Oct 28 2008
Most of the files made available here for download are in a format accessible for all plattforms and computer systems. If there is a problem with a file, sent me a mail and I will mail you the document if necessary.
“Signs, Symbols, Representation”: Signs_Symbols_Representation (in PDF format)
How to Write a Paper: Five Easy Steps
Exam questions for Survey Course
You will find a selection of questions for the survey course exam here: Exam questions. You may want to use this selection to prepare yourself for the final written exam. Please note that not all of these questions will be part of the final exam, and that there may be slight variations in the form of the questions. However, there will be no questions apart from those presented in this selection.
New downloads for the interpretation courses:
- Slides for Session 12 (WW II and beyond)
- Slides for Session 11 (Modernism)
- Slides for Session 10 (Victorian Era, Historical Novel)
- Slides for Session 9 (Romanticism II)
- Slides for Session 9 (Romanticism I)
- Slides for Session 8 (the novel)
- New version of Hamlet slides!! (strategies and revenge motif!)
- Slides for session 6 + 7
- Slides for session 5
- Slides for last session (070509)
- Slides for second and third session
- Slides for first session
- Thomas Wyatt “Whoso list to hunt”White Space!
Download the following stories for our sessions on narrative:
Here’s another text for our discussion on culture and cultural studies:
- Stuart Hall “The Work of Representation”
The parts of a speech according to classical rhetoric—use it to analyse the Declaration of Independence and Martin Luther King’s speech ‘I have a Dream’.
- The Parts of Speech according to Classical Rhetoric (in German!)
For those of you who missed this one – here is the